Data Science & Architecture Assessment
A leading global provider of prediction market intelligence and analytics needed to evaluate their market and competitive intelligence platform to determine opportunities to improve end-user experience and system performance.
Illumination Works reviewed the current state of the company’s data science capability and software architecture through a series of interviews, code and system walkthroughs, and review of software packages and databases.
- Presented recommendations to increase end-user trust improving quality and relevancy of content. These recommendations would improve identification of missing articles, reduce tagging errors, and duplicate content
- Additional recommendations included to upgrade the software suite, establish a robust Data Science practice, and engage technical experts to accelerate the remediation process and stabilize the platform for planned growth
- Delivered recommendations for software and infrastructure investments to support data science platform
- Identified value/risk for investments that best align with business goals including attracting new and retaining existing clients
- Presented action plan and level of effort to close the gap from current to future state
- SaaS product to aggregate and integrate structured/unstructured data
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) pipeline to process news articles
- Machine Learning algorithms