Predictive Analytics for the Aircraft Digital Thread
The Air Force needed to reduce the development and sustainment lifecycle cost for air vehicles by providing a consolidated framework to interface with existing heterogeneous data sources.
Illumination Works created a digital thread on a big data platform to facilitate automated and customizable fleet health assessments and reporting. Our team aggregated maintenance, supply, cost, and requirements data into an analytical model. The automated pipeline optimizes the process of deriving business value from under-utilized data and provides root-cause drill down to understand asset availability impairments.
- Decision support through the life of a system, customizable and adaptable to changing situations
- Improved cost accounting and resource allocation
- Actionable intelligence for data-driven decisions in a fraction of the time previously required
- Predictive analytics to support future asset needs/availability
- Dashboards and visualizations for better data understanding
- Rapid proof of concept to increase usefulness of the data
- 1TB+ of data on maintenance actions, supply, budget, and program planning for USAF weapon systems across 160+ data tables of structured and unstructured data
- Tools include Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SQL, Python, angular JS, and D3