Expert Capture Maintenance Training Pilot
The Air Force maintenance community requires consistent ramp up and training of skilled workers quickly.
Team ILW is piloting a maintenance training tool at Kirtland AFB utilizing augmented reality (AR) technologies to provide interactive models for training on the CV-22, C-130, and HH-60.
Our team is delivering a state-of-the-art cloud-based AR training leveraging PTC Vuforia Expert Capture application on a RealWear AR device.
- One 1-week configuration and Expert Capture training where maintainers recorded and edited steps for use cases
- Five 1-week hands-on support working side-by-side with maintainers to capture, edit, and deploy initial training scenarios using the EC software
- Modernize the workforce
- Minimize impact of normal turnover rates and the increasing number of senior management eligible for retirement through AR training tools
- PTC Vuforia Expert Capture software
- RealWear HMT-1 headset to house software and capture/play back steps
- Mobile workstation to tether/connect to PTC software cloud for editing in web app